Friday, August 17, 2012

Music World - Lady Gaga Posts Open Letter

Lady Gaga - Photo Shoot

Lady Gaga posted a very personal open letter on her Little Monsters social networking site, in which she touched on her difficult past year. The singer never calls anyone out by name in the letter when she talks about her troubles, but fans can assume that she is probably referring to her split from longtime creative director Laurieann Gibson, and the controversy over her single, "Born This Way," being likened to Madonna's "Express Yourself."

Lady Gaga - Lollapalooza
"Today is a really happy day for me. The past year was a challenge, and I'm so happy to have my spirit back," Gaga wrote. "I felt in chains at times. Whether it be the record label disagreeing with me on single choices, or directors who could only create an idea of 'Gaga' or what i've 'done before' and not able to move forward, and there was also of course the incessant dragging of the most important single of my career in dead-beaten-horse-mud. Then there were all the personal moments. Betrayed by lifelong friends, mentors I've had for years suddenly taking advantage of me, and a massive struggle with my body image. I've grown and left most of these things behind, the monsters of fame are very real. But I wanted to thank you for baring with me a little bit."

Gaga is now focusing on the future, and on Tuesday, she dropped a new trailer for her Fame perfume, which brought her back together with her "Alejandro" music video director, Steven Klein


No comments:

Post a Comment